Some problems that need to be paid attention to in the use and maintenance of batteries!
Batteries are an indispensable part of forklifts. According to the existing battery types in the market, they can be roughly divided into two types: traditional lead-acid batteries and maintenance-free batteries that have just been popularized in China in recent years. The battery is an important part of the forklift. Its function is to supply electricity to the starter, and to supply power to the engine ignition system and other electrical equipment when the engine is started or running at low speed. When the engine is running at high speed, the generator generates enough electricity, and the battery can store the excess power. Sadly, it is usually ignored by most people. It is an important part of forklift maintenance to properly maintain the battery to maintain sufficient power.
Some issues that need to be paid attention to in the use and maintenance of batteries:
1. If the battery is not used for a long time, it will slowly discharge itself until it is scrapped. Therefore, the forklift should be started at regular intervals to charge the battery. Another method is to unplug the two electrodes on the battery. It should be noted that unplug the positive and negative electrode wires from the electrode column, first unplug the negative wire, or remove the connection between the negative electrode and the forklift chassis. Then unplug the other end with the positive sign (+), the battery has a certain service life and should be replaced after a certain period of time. The above sequence should also be followed when replacing, but when connecting the electrode wires, the sequence is just the opposite, first connect the positive electrode, and then connect the negative electrode.
2. When the pointer of the ammeter shows that the storage capacity is insufficient, it should be charged in time. The charge level of the battery can be reflected on the instrument panel. Sometimes it is found on the road that the power is not enough, and the engine cannot be turned off. As a temporary measure, you can ask other vehicles for help, use the batteries on their vehicles to start the vehicle, connect the negative and negative electrodes of the two batteries, and connect the positive and positive electrodes. .
3. The density of the electrolyte should be adjusted according to the standards in different regions and seasons.
4. Distilled water or special rehydration should be added when the electrolyte is deficient. Do not use pure drinking water instead. Because pure water contains a variety of trace elements, it will cause adverse effects on the battery.
5. When starting the forklift, the uninterrupted use of the starter will cause the battery to be damaged due to excessive discharge. The correct way to use it is that the total time to start the car each time is not more than 5 seconds, and the interval between restarting is not less than 15 seconds. In the case that the car does not start after several starts, the reason should be found from other aspects such as the circuit, the ignition coil or the oil circuit.
6. Always check whether the holes on the battery cover are ventilated during daily driving. If the small holes of the battery cover are blocked, the generated hydrogen and oxygen cannot be discharged. When the electrolyte expands, the battery shell will be broken and the battery life will be affected.
7. Check the positive and negative levels of the battery for signs of oxidation. You can often pour hot water on the battery's wire connection, clean it with a copper wire brush, and apply butter.
8. Check all parts of the circuit for aging or short-circuit. Prevents batteries from being retired early due to overdischarge.
9. It is forbidden to store the battery without power. If it is used up for a few days and then recharged, the plate is prone to sulfation and the capacity decreases.
10. Regular inspection: Regularly measure the voltage of a single battery. If the voltage of one of the batteries is lower than 10.5V, you should find a repair station for inspection or repair, so as not to damage the other two good batteries.
11. The designed carrying capacity of the electric bicycle is 75KG. Avoid carrying heavy objects. Please use pedals to assist when starting and going uphill.
12. It is normal for the battery capacity to decrease with the decrease in temperature in winter. Taking 20°C as the standard, the capacity is generally 80% at -10°C.
13. Keep the surface of the battery clean for a long time. It is forbidden to expose to the sun when storing the vehicle. The vehicle should be parked in a cool, ventilated and dry place.
14. When the battery needs to be placed for a long time, it must be fully charged first, and it is usually replenished once a month.
15. The vehicle should be assisted by foot pedals when starting, going uphill, overloading, and in the wind to avoid high current discharge.
16. Use a special charger when charging, and place it in a cool and ventilated place to avoid high temperature and humidity.
17. Do not use organic solvents to clean the battery case.
18. Do not short-circuit the positive and negative terminals of the battery to avoid danger.
19. Over-discharge is prohibited: when the red under-voltage indicator on the instrument panel glows, it indicates that the power has entered the starvation area and should be charged in time.
20. Overcharging is prohibited: The charging time should be different according to the mileage. The longer the mileage, the longer the charging time, and vice versa.
21. If the battery pack fails, please send it to the authorized office of the manufacturer or relevant institutions for proper disposal. Please do not discard it at will to avoid environmental pollution.
Extending the service life of forklift batteries and preventing early damage is an important part of forklift usage management. The life of a forklift battery, from a manufacturing point of view, refers to the number of times it is charged and discharged. Each charge and discharge is a cycle. At present, the normal service life of domestic lead-storage batteries is generally about two years. However, in actual use, the lifespan is quite different, some can be used for more than two years, some can only be used for about a year, and the worst is even a few months. This not only affects whether the forklift can be driven, but also causes economic losses and reduces transportation efficiency. Therefore, it is very important to use and manage the battery correctly to prevent it from being damaged early.